I think it’s fair to say that I’m quite often so caught up in running our business that I don’t take enough care of myself. One of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2008 was to work on reducing my stress levels, but we’re half way through the year and I’m sitting here with a gadget attached to my arm checking my blood pressure every half hour. Not exactly my idea of fun!
Running a business is stressful. That’s a fact. We’re responsible for completing projects, making sure clients are happy, keeping the money flowing in, and the 101 other tasks associated with a smooth-running business. Don’t get me wrong, I love working for myself, but I do have to be aware that occasionally it gets on top of me.
So this is what I need to do:
- more regular walks (to enjoy the stunning coastline and countryside around here)
- more exercise (could do with shifting some weight)
- yoga (exercise and relaxation all in one!)
- relaxation exercises (have got a great cd for this, shame the battery in my MP3 player has died)
- eat more healthily
- have time away from the business (difficult when you work from home)
If I make more time for exercise and relaxation, I should be a fitter and healthier person, with loads of energy to devote to the business. Will hopefully make the doctor happier too.